Saturday, April 28, 2007

Six Seconds.... (Riverwood Sprint)

Overall Male Results and Age Group Results


Six seconds... thats how much I lost by. I was the second fastest masters. I feel good about the race, I wish my run was faster but I nailed my bike. But when you lose by six seconds, you spend your time wondering...What if.

If it was a wave start and I had lost in a stride for stride battle that would be different but with the TT start you just do not know....I mean there had to be six seconds out there: maybe I should have run faster in the transition, maybe aero wheels, what if I swum just six seconds faster. WHAT IF I HAD SHAVED!

Moving on (sort of). It was a fun race. Well run. The race was part of the development series so the competition was not so stiff. I finished 7th overall (preliminary). One highlight was that I beat Tony Kobet, who beat me by 1 second at the MAP race, by almost 3 minutes. I am interested in seeing the splits because Tony is a strong biker and I am hoping the splits show that I improved in the Bike.

I had hoped to finish between 1:02 and 1:03 and I had a 1:02:30. Little slower on the run which was hilly and a little faster on the bike (22.9 mph) then I expected.

The best part, though, was being their with my friends. There were 5 friends who did the race and 4 lived in my neighborhood. It is great to share the experience.

Overall Male Results:
http://www.setupevents.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=event_results&id=607

Age Group Results:
http://www.setupevents.com/files/RiverwoodAGM.07.html

No comments: