Sunday, September 2, 2007

The Puckett spanks The Diesel - Lake Norman 2007

The good news and the bad news...

First the bad news, Richard Puckett finally beat me. I knew it was coming. He has been closing on me all year. His bike is getting faster and he has spanked me on the run in the last few races. Congratulations to Richard, he had a great race.

The good news, well I had a good race too. And thats what the sport is really about - your personal performance, not your competitors. I swam in 17+ minutes but it was a long 750M course and most times were a minute slower then other races. I had my strongest bike this season with a 13 overall rank on the Bike and and average speed of close to 24mph. I had the power tap on and it registered 250Watts for the 17 miles. My run was not one for the record books probably because of the effort that went into the Bike.

I finshed 7th in my class and 46 overall and I earned some valuable points.

So what happens next, well I registered for the Duke Half Ironman on 9/16. This is going to be a tough race. I have to be honest I am worried about the wear and tear given the distance but I am in good shape and I figure I need to take advantage of my conditioning and attempt the long course.

Oh yeah, after getting spanked by The Puckett, I have decided to hire a coach.

1 comment:

Max said...

Well, I am now "up to speed" on the trials and tribulations of your racing career, though I doubt I'd be able to jabber about which race is which.

Good luck at the Duke Iron Man... I'll be rooting for you.

-MAX