Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Your in the Diesel's house now (Mission Man Sprint)


The Diesel is back on the podium with a 2nd place age group finish and 23rd overall (results)

The mission man is an Endurace Series race (Development Series) but a popular race all the same. I clocked a 15:27 swim for the 750m but the distance was long and so the time was better then it seems, certainly better then the Tri latta race (+17min).

As usual, the race hinged on a strong bike ride (13 overall and 1st in age group). I even manage to beat Tony Kobet on the bike by 8 seconds. Tony is one of my closet competitors. I had to avenge my lose to him at the Triangle race. Tony is a great guy and I love racing him, he beat me by 1 second in the first race of the season. That 1 second has provide ample motivation in other races this season.

I think my swim strategy worked well. I went out kind of easy and slowly picked up the pace. This allowed my some control over my effort and I was able to remain effcient. I really focused on my kick. (DIESEL TIP) Mike Beaman from Inside-Out Sports suggested that I might be dragging and dropping my legs. It would explain why I am so much faster in my wetsuit. You need to kick enough to keep the body level.

Anyway, it feels good to race at my potential.


No comments: